Volunteer/Trunk Registration for Fall Fest
Serving our community by providing a fun and safe place to trick or treat.
Oct 28, 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Michigan Lutheran High School, 615 E Marquette Woods Rd, St Joseph, MI 49085, USA
About the Event
Volunteer Job desctiptions:
- Hay Hauler - These people will arrive at ML at 2:45 to unload 30 hay bales as decor for the rest of the Fall Festival. They will create a perimeter around the designated area. Inside the area they will stack three hay bales in a pyramid shape with a fourth in front of it. They will also arrange available pumpkins on the hay bales. At 4:00 they will be taking down hay bales and placing them on the trailer. One of these people will also need a truck to do a hayride for kids. Hay rides will be about 10 minutes long.
- Fire Marshal - These people will set up portable fire pits from St. Paul’s, bring paper/matches/kindling to start fires, and get the fires lit by 3:45. They will keep the fires tended with wood for the afternoon, and put out the fires at 6:30.
- Candy Runner - These people will supply cars which are running low on candy with more of the sweet stuff. Arrive at 4:00.
- Parking Lot Assistant - These people will help direct traffic and watch out for the safety of parents and children. Arrive at 3:45.
- Kitchen Help - These people will help set up the food area, hand out hot dogs and hamburgers, and help clean out the food area. Arrive at 3:15.
- Clean-up - These people will bounce around at the end of the event and help clean up. Arrive at 6:30.
All participating vehicles/trunks must be registered in order to attend and participate. Please come to the back of Michigan Lutheran High School to park your vehicle.
- Registered vehicles must arrive by 3:15 PM on October 28th. We will be setting up from 3:15-3:45 PM. All vehicles need to be ready by 3:45 PM.
- There is NO rain date.
- Have fun with it! Go all out! We will have a best dressed trunk award at the end of the event.
- No blood or gore.
- No clowns.
- No weapons – real or fake.
- We will not be providing any electrical support for any trunk decorations.
- All trunk participants are responsible for the set up and break down of their own vehicle. All decorations and trash must be removed after the event.
- Please provide some WRAPPED candy, stickers, or tattoos as prizes from your trunk. We will also have candy donations to help with your stock.
- An adult must remain with your trunk for the entirety of the event for safety reasons.
- Vehicle must be prepared to stay until after the event ends at 6:30 PM. For safety reasons, vehicles will NOT be permitted to move or leave the parking lot until the event is over.
Parking lot location set up will be chosen based on the number of registered vehicles.